System Administrator (part-time student job)
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveler the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons, family vacations and business trips, we deeply care for every traveler to make the best-informed accommodation choice at the best conditions.
FindHotel has been growing very quickly during the last few years and we are looking for a part-time System Administrator to join our team.
What you’ll do:
- Be behind our Slack IT support channel and support everyone in the organisation in anything IT-related. From creating and removing user accounts to our systems, to administering access rights to internal systems such as our BI tool (Looker), our Data Warehouse (Snowflake), our infrastructure monitoring software (Datadog), or our shared computing server (Jupyterhub and RStudio).
- Manage our employees laptops using centralised device management software such as Addigy.
- Roll out Single Sign On (SSO) across the organisation. Be the owner of our user directory policies, groups and roles.
- Be an advocate of security and help our devops team spread the adoption of secure IT practices across the organisation.
- Manage our IT hardware inventory: our Zoom conference rooms, laptops, displays, etc. You will be in charge of ordering and securely decommissioning hardware. You should proactively avoid technical issues as much as possible by regularly reviewing the state of our hardware.
- Manage our relationship with hardware vendors, negotiating discounts or other benefits, be always in the lookup for ways of saving money or time in our IT infrastructure.
- Continuously look for ways to “automate your job away”. The more you can automate the more time you’ll have to work on more complex (and interesting) tasks. If you find yourself doing the same boring and time-consuming task every week then you are not automating enough.
Who you are:
- You are a computer science or engineering student that is passionate about technology.
- You are interested in cyber security.
- You are detail and service oriented. You feel motivated by empowering others to be more effective at their work.
- You are proactive, you don’t wait for tasks to land on your desk but are always looking for ways to add value to the company.
- You ideally have experience with Cloud computing. FindHotel is a Cloud native company and most of our systems and services live in the AWS cloud. Being familiar with the AWS cloud is not required, but is a big bonus for us.
- You want to learn how modern analytics and engineering tools are used in industry.
- You are a fast learner.
- You can automate tasks with Python, Shell scripting or other programming languages.
Why join us now?
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features.
- We are in fast growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% Year-Over-Year for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post.
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- Flexible time off and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden.
Tip: read some more of our blog posts before applying.