Senior Financial Analyst (Controller)
Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for state-of-the-art management accounting
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveler in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveler can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with a strong commercial mindset and excellent modeling skills who can bring our commercial forecasting and reporting to the next level. It's a great opportunity for an ambitious & motivated analyst with a high sense of ownership to transform their career in a fast-growing & data-driven mature .
What you will be doing
- Develop, improve and maintain the company revenue & cash flow models
- Coordinate timely and accurate reporting across the company by owning the 'macro' view
- Develop and set-up managerial accounting standards and key metrics to track the company's performance
- Reconcile payments from our various revenue sources, invoice partners and manage supply payments
- Work closely with our business intelligence & data engineering team to make sure we are correctly compensated by our distribution partners
- Be in touch with account managers or analysts at our key partners to share & align with them on performance metrics and reporting requirements
- Consult the leadership team with various ad-hoc analysis and forecasts, becoming the key forecasting authority for our project pipeline
What a day in the office might look like:
In the morning you have a quick look at your dashboards to confirm that there are no data issues and key company metrics look healthy. You reconcile payments made yesterday to make sure that expected amounts match actuals and investigate possible mismatches. Then you have a meeting with a management team member to discuss improvements in the company's reporting. After a healthy catered lunch you test your skills at some competitive table tennis and go for coffee at a nearby coffee joint. Then you work on the company revenue model and make sure that recent company developments are incorporated into the forecasts. Before finishing off for the day you prepare your monthly financial presentation update for the weekly Friday all-hands company meeting. At the end of the month, you reconcile actuals with a projection for revenue and cash flow models and make necessary recommendations to improve them in the future.
You will report directly to the CEO and will be working across different teams with Product & Business owners, Data Analysts, and Business Development Managers
People we love:
- You have experience building models that produce commercial results and drive commercial decisions
- You have experience in financial controlling/ internal audit and/or creating management accounts
- You are Excel master and have SQL experience
- You are highly analytical and have the ability to assemble, analyze and interpret data to make decisions and communicate findings
- You are curious, not afraid to make mistakes and willing to question the status quo
- You are commercially minded
- You are a strong communicator and are able to coordinate work across teams
- You are precise, thorough and have a keen eye for detail
- You are motivated and driven to take responsibility and succeed in a start-up environment
- Financial certifications are an advantage
Why join now?
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features
- We are in fast growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% YOY for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years
- We have a state of the art user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
Is FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden
Tip: read some more of our blog posts before applying