Senior Data Scientist (marketing analytics)
Do you want to join us on a journey to change the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for data-driven user experience.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveler in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveler can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
To further this goal we need to effectively market best deals across the globe and are looking for analysts to push our marketing efforts to new levels. As a data analyst / scientist you will optimize and scale our marketing channels, building state-of-the-art decision support systems, predictive models and bidding algorithms. You will work across Customer Acquisition tribe supporting marketers and analysts in their scaling efforts and everyday campaign management decisions.
We are looking for a data expert with strong technical & statistical skills as well as a commercial mindset. It's a great opportunity for an ambitious & motivated analyst/scientist to transform their career in a fast growing & data-driven mature startup.
What you will be doing
- Optimize and scale marketing channels using performance data
- Build automated bidding algorithms
- Build predictive models: customer (lifetime) value, competition, pricing, market behavior, attribution, segmentation etc.
- Automate analytical processes around user acquisition
- Communicate proactively and educate the rest of the company with your insights
What a day in the office might look like:
You start the day by checking up performance of the channel and results of the AB tests based on your new bidding algorithm to see if any actions are required. During the daily team stand-up you present your latest findings on the competitiveness of a certain market and share ideas to improve our value estimation algorithm. After a team lunch, you'll meet with other analysts to brainstorm new ideas and prioritizing the backlog. At the end of the day, you'll set aside time to research a more effective way to select our itineraries.
The team: marketers, analysts, data scientist and is supported by engineers.
People we love:
- You are highly analytical and data-driven and have the ability to assemble, analyse and interpret data to make decisions and communicate findings
- You are curious, not afraid to make mistakes and willing to question the status quo
- You have experience building models that produce commercial results
- You have sound statistical knowledge (experience with Bayesian modeling techniques and probabilistic programming is a plus)
- You love coding (preferably in Python) to make your ideas become real
- Experience with bidding/trading algorithms is a plus
- You are interested in and willing to learn about online marketing and travel (experience in related fields is a plus)
- You are motivated and driven to take responsibility and succeed in a start-up environment
Why join now?
- We recently rebuilt our website and its infrastructure to be faster, extensible, and scalable; built a local team of experienced product developers which will double during 2019; and are looking to grow traffic from 2.5M monthly visitors to 10M+ within the coming year.
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that aims to grow from 40 to 100 team members in the next year.
- We have a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer:
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines.
Tip: read some more of our blog posts before applying