Senior Data Analyst (product analytics)
Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for data driven user experience.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
To further this goal we are looking for analysts to push our User Experience to new levels. As a data analyst you will shape the direction & growth of our hotel marketplace and will be responsible for analysing user behaviour, finding areas of improvement and guiding our AB testing with data. You will work across our Customer Experience tribe supporting the teams working on our price comparison & check-out experience. We're looking for driven experts who understand e-commerce user behaviour and who have the technical & analytical skills to make sense of the mountain of data our users generate. This is a great challenge for the product analytics expert who wants to join us in our quest to build the next generation of accommodation search!
What you will be doing
- Perform in-depth analysis on complex user behaviour, price comparison and conversion data to discover insights & optimise the user experience
- Improve the sorting and recommendation algorithms on our website through data discovery and statistical modeling
- Analyse & interpret AB test results and contribute to ideation & prioritisation of AB tests
- Work with data scientists & engineers to build and optimise data driven features on the web site
- Communicate proactively and educate the rest of the company with your insights
What a day in the office might look like:
You start the day by checking up on the results of the AB tests that are running to see if any require attention. During the daily team stand-up you present your latest findings on user behaviour, suggest improvements and raise problems or challenges you have faced. Before lunch you analyse how users interact with our new recommendation feature and come up with improvements to its algorithm. After a team lunch you'll meet with the Testing Committee to brainstorm new AB test ideas and prioritising the backlog. At the end of the day you'll set aside time to research a more effective statistical approaches to deciding on the outcome of AB tests.
The team: Product owners, UX researcher/designers, web developers and is supported by data scientists & engineers.
People we love:
- You are highly analytical and data driven and have the ability to assemble, analyse and interpret data to make decisions and communicate findings
- You have great intuition and passion for e-commerce analytics, user experience and conversion optimisation
- You are an expert at using SQL & BI tools like Looker or Tableau.
- You have good programming skills in Python or R.
- You have good knowledge of statistics and statistical modeling
- You are experienced with AB testing
- Experience with analytics tools such as Google Analytics is a plus
- You have experience working on e-commerce or marketplace websites (online travel is a plus)
Why join now?
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features
- We are in fast growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% YOY for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years
- We have a state of the art user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden