Office manager (24 to 32h)
Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travelers, data and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to GET EVERY TRAVELLER THE BEST ACCOMMODATION DEAL, WORLDWIDE. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we genuinely care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are now looking for an Office Manager to join our People squad and work from our office in the heart of Amsterdam. Since 2016, we have grown the team from 20 to 75 and we plan to triple our headcount by the end of 2022. You’ll be joining at an exciting time when we’re not only growing the team but also expanding our workspace so we guarantee there will be no two days alike.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure all administrative activities are efficiently addressed, including travel arrangements, supply and equipment purchasing, file management, administrative support and related activities.
- Be the heart of the party! Plan and organise unforgettable company events to celebrate anniversaries, milestones and more!
- Ensure that our office runs smoothly at all times, our team keeps growing and we need someone to supervise the overall office operation, make sure the office stays safe and tidy
- Liaise with external partners and our service suppliers and be the first point of contact in the communication with them
- Manage building and installation maintenance as well as cleaning schedules
- Perform office audits to identify the need for maintenance and/or repair and keep the office in a nice and welcoming appearance
- Provide administrative support such as soliciting quotes for services, invoice verification, etc.
- Develop and implement office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of our office
What a day in the office might look like:
Start your day with the morning office routine: turn on the coffee machine, check the correspondence, make sure we’re off to a great day with fresh fruit and a drawer full of healthy snacks. Ensure that lunch is ordered for everyone, we cannot work on an empty stomach Open your to-do list for the day and be ready to complete one task after another while also attending to the requests coming from the team. In no time it’s lunch hour so join us while we enjoy the tasty catered food! Don’t rush to your tasks just yet, a bit of movement is always good so let’s grab a coffee from our favorite coffee place, it’s just a short walk away! Be ready to connect with a new team member and book their ticket to Amsterdam, but not before informing the team that this Friday we have another milestone celebration which you have been tirelessly preparing.
People we love
- Excited to work in another international organization and interested in learning from cultures from all over the world
- Proactive and passionate about supporting the organisation and creating positive, lasting change that builds on the skills and assets of all
- Able to find the right balance between following procedures/processes and being flexible and adapt to what may come on the way
- Experienced in managing office operations
- Keen on ensuring that existing team members as well as new joiners receive the support and answers they need
- Not shying away from speaking up when something doesn’t work as it should
- Great organizational and prioritization skills
- Able to recognize, investigate, communicate and resolve operational problems
- Able to act without direct supervision and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build trust-based relationships with team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch (we are international, however our HQ is in Amsterdam and all the correspondence and communication with providers are in the local language)
- Experience offering HR support on various tasks/projects
What we offer
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you'll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden.
Blog posts worth reading: