Marketing Specialist, Paid Search/SEA
Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travelers, data and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are growing fast and looking for a Search Marketing Specialist to join us in becoming a global travel category leader.
To be successful at this role you need to be passionate and experienced enough on performance marketing in general and SEM especially. You'll be dealing with search campaigns with hundreds of millions of keywords, so a systematic approach, knowledge of the tools and an automation mindset are super important, while not forgetting about the micros and good practices. You'll be always looking for new growth opportunities with a pirate mindset and not be satisfied with minor results nor happy with only playing by the book.
What you will actually be doing/responsibilities
- Optimizing and scaling our different performance marketing channels, especially paid search
- Creating and managing large scale marketing campaigns globally
- Identifying growth opportunities and hacking the heck out of it
- Focusing on automation: automating our different processes around user acquisition with AdWords Scripts, SQL, Python, etc.
- Owning your own projects, communicating proactively and educating the rest of the company with your insights
What a day in the office might look like
You start the day with a standup where the team discusses what was done yesterday, any obstacles that need to be tackled and the plan for today. Before lunch, you analyze the performance of an experiment you've been running and start documenting your findings. Then you plan a session with the team to discuss the value of your findings and how to incorporate them to our campaign structure so that we can roll them out globally. After lunch, you work on building a script that will automate part of your follow up routines and frees up time for more experiments. Then you take a well-deserved break to challenge your colleagues in Foosball, Table Tennis, or Pool. Finally, you contact your freelancer team to improve our ad copy and translations in one of the more than 20 languages you work with.
People we love
- Data guides every decision you make, from pricing to prioritization and experimentation
- You own problems, strive to get big wins delivered and take initiative where possible
- Tech-savvy and love learning new tools and technologies
- You try to automate as much as possible and are always learning more on AdWords scripts, SQL, python, etc.
- Curious, not afraid to experiment and willing to question the status quo
- You have experience with Performance Marketing, knowledge of the tools and a mind full of innovative ideas
- You have high proficiency with Excel and comfortable using BI tools such as Looker
Why join now?
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features
- We are in fast growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% YOY for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years
- We have a state of the art user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
- We are constantly launching new marketing channels which opens a lot of new opportunities and challenges.
- Our performance marketing team is extremely talented and works like a well-oiled machine.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden
Tip: read some more of our blog posts before applying