Head of People
Are you driven by unlocking people's talent and potential? Do you look at the challenge of growing and scaling our team of currently 50 people?
If you answer yes! to all of the above, do read further.
Where are you coming
- FindHotel is building a platform for hotel bookings and helps our visitors to get the best deal possible
- We have grown profitably since the start, and today employ 50 people, 17 nationalities (7 work remotely from abroad)
- Our culture emphasizes transparency, growth & change. We believe building meaningful relationships is key to create a psychologically safe environment in which people can take ownership and take decisions.
- The last year we have built the foundations of HR which need further development and implementation.
- We look to grow the company rapidly in the next years while maintaining and evolving our current culture and keeping the same high level of people & execution → hence, we need a framework for responsible growth
What you will be able to offer us
- Manage our contracting & compensation model across full-time / remote / freelance.
- Lead our learning efforts → from conferences to language courses to leadership development to internal knowledge sharing
- Lead our benefits efforts → when should we offer pension contribution, when to offer food, when to offer a gym subscription, how to support employees' family members etc.
- Improving the feedback & performance review methods across the company → how people get rated, how contribution is recognized and compensated
- Champion our mission, vision & values inside & outside the organisation
- Help employees find their growth path within the company and envision their career progression
- Help the leaders develop complimentary teams, getting the right people in the right roles at the right time
- Support our recruiters and hiring managers in developing an effective & objective recruiting process
- Oversee the bureaucratic aspects (contracting, salaries, IND highly skilled migrant references, 30% tax applications)
- Above all else - you will be a sparring partner to the leadership team while helping us achieve our long-term potential
You will be working with Caroline, our inhouse recruiter, Dorrit, our office manager, Annemieke our coach & trainer and of course the leadership team.
- Experienced HR lead who worked in forward-thinking organisations and has unique insights into how to improve a knowledge workforce productivity and satisfaction
- Local experience in the Dutch market where you have a strong network and in-depth understanding of hiring regulations
- Interest in people of all sorts → you care, listen and can find solutions to almost any new problem someone brings up
- An excellent communicator, fluent in English and preferably Dutch (we’re 100% international)
- Strong interpersonal skills
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a fast-growing start-up environment
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong, and foosball
- Flexible time off vacation and remote working policies → we'd like to have you around but you can work from home part of the time
- A spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam
- Competitive compensation package including Stock Appreciation Rights for a company with great potential & high ambitions
- Unique challenges & the ability to design and impact HR in a way few organisations can afford