Backend Engineer - Elixir
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller the best accommodation deal, worldwide. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we genuinely care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join FindHotel's Online Travel Agency (OTA) tribe in Amsterdam or remotely (between UTC-3 and UTC+3 time zone). You will work with other squads across tribes and collaborate with other software engineers, data analysts, data scientist, designer and PO in the team.
We encourage people from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
What you will do
- Work in a team to solve challenging problems, integrating accommodation providers and building blazing-fast services that serve their data.
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvements regarding performance and code quality.
- Help improving our infrastructure and scale it to support our growth in a cost-effective way.
- Report to the Engineering Lead of your squad.
Who we are looking for
- You have at least 2 years of experience in back-end development using Elixir or another modern functional programming language.
- You have a great understanding of APIs, databases, data structures, queues, and all things related to back-end.
- You have experience working with AWS and CI/CD.
- You have worked on a production system that was exposed to scale (whether traffic or amount of data).
- You are always finding the right balance between achieving technical excellence and delivering value to the end-users.
- You write tests as part your coding routine.
- You are familiar with Agile Methodologies.
- You treat documentation as a first-class citizen.
Why join FindHotel now
- We love Elixir ❤️
- We aim to help 10M customers book on FindHotel annually by 2023, up from 2M in the past 12 months. We do that using data, transparency and industry-leading features.
- We grew the number of bookings by +100% Year-Over-Year both in 2018 and 2019, and even managed to succeed in Corona times by growing bookings by +40% in 2020. Now that the travel market is opening again we are accelerating our growth rate.
- From our early beginnings as an organisation that excelled in user acquisition. In recent years we have grown into an engineering and product-driven organisation. Our independence from major players in the industry, and the maturity that we have achieved regarding user acquisition, engineering and product enables us to build customer features that nobody else in the industry will.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post.
What we offer
- A great compensation package, perks and benefits, including Stock Appreciation Rights.
- Learn and Development budget you can use for conferences, trainings, books or any other relevant activity.
- A budget for your dream home office.
- Flexible working hours and flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely. We measure results, not time spent in the office.
- Plenty of chances to grow. You'll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which promotes knowledge sharing, trust and transparency.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a massive scale opportunity, with a great team core built from years of investment.
- You will be part of an international team that enjoys work, eat and play together in one of Amsterdam best office locations.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from different cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional BBQ in our garden.
- We celebrate every achievement, there will be plenty of company events in Amsterdam and abroad.
- Recruiter interview
- Hiring manager interview
- Technical assignment (async)
- Technical interview
- Cultural Fit interview
- Assessment day
You can check more details about our hiring process on our blog.