Art director (hands-on)
Do you want to join us on a journey to change the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travelers, product and design.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveler in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveler can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for a brand manager that will help us shape the best booking experience and most lovable travel brand around!
What you will really be doing
- You'll be the driving force that will help us become one of the most lovable brands in travel. You'll start by defining the FindHotel brand identity; what does our brand stand for, how does that translate to the things we do and in the way we look.
- While our product owners and UX designers continuously iterate on the product it's your job to help them to stay true to our identity. You'll achieve that by educating the team and empowering them with style guides, symbols, libraries, etc.
- Within the Customer Experience tribe you'll collaborate with highly skilled and very experienced product owners and UX professionals who'll help make sure you'll progress as much as possible in your path to the mastery of brand ownership.
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience (at least 5 years) as in a brand defining role in a consumer facing company.
- Passionate creating beautiful but mostly meaningful digital consumer products.
- You still love to (and are able to) spend time on creating stunning illustrations, icons and UI components.
- You have been working with both (design) agencies and in-house design teams.
- Experience working with cross-functional and self-organizing teams.
- Crystal clear (English) communication skills; you know the why, how and what of everything you do.
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative (GA, A/B, BI, etc.) user research.
- Ability to tie the value of brand identity to clear business goals.
Why join now
- After building a successful business by nailing user-acquisition and software development we’re ready to take it to the next level; we’re building a world class UX team that’s going to raise the bar in the online accommodation space and build a product travelers will love!
- FindHotel is made by travelers for travelers. You’ll join a team of super smart, skilled, friendly, fun and highly motivated people from all across the globe, working together in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. What better place to learn and grow?
- We’re running a profitable business and are moving from a start-up into a well organized scale-up.
- Oh, and you’ll receive a competitive compensation package + perks and benefits. Think of flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need), remote working (we measure results, not time spent in the office), stock appreciation rights (so you’ll benefit of the success of the company), a yearly education/conference budget, great food and so on.
What we offer
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden.
Blog posts worth reading: