Web Analyst (CRO/UX)
FindHotel is looking for a web analyst to push our User Experience and Conversion Rate Optimization to new levels. As a web analyst you will have the chance to shape the direction & growth of our hotel metasearch website and will be responsible for analyzing user behavior, finding areas of improvement and guiding. We're looking for driven experts who understand e-commerce user behavior and who have the analytical skills to make sense of the mountain of data our users generate. This is a great challenge for the web analyst who wants to join us in our quest to build the next generation of hotel metasearch!
What you'll tell your friends about your job
What you will actually be doing
- Analyse user behavior to discover insights and interpret AB test results. Collaborate with data scientists.
- Take an active role in the 'AB Testing Committee' to decide on the testing roadmap
- Own the integration & maintenance of GA, GTM and & other analytics setups
- Work with UX designers on quantitative & qualitative research
What a day in the office might look like:
You start the day by checking up on the results of the AB tests that are running to see if any require attention. During the daily team stand-up you'll present your latest findings on user behavior, suggest improvements and raise problems or challenges you have faced. Before lunch you'll set aside time to research intriguing questions that you want to investigate - the difference in the behavior of users interacting with filters while searching for nearby vs far away destinations for example. After lunch you'll meet with the Testing Committee to brainstorm new AB test ideas and prioritizing the backlog. You'll finish the day by implementing tracking of new data points in Google Analytics to understand user interaction with a new component on the website.
The team: You'll be working within our Product squad which is made up of product owners, UX designer, data scientist, web developers and is supported by data engineers & analysts.
People we love:
- You are highly analytical and data driven and have the ability to assemble, analyse and interpret data to make decisions and communicate findings
- You have great and passion for e-commerce analytics, conversion optimization and user experience
- You are experienced with AB testing and have sound statistical knowledge
- You are able to work with large multi-dimensional data sets using BI Software and/or SQL.
- You have experience with GA & other analytics software
- You can take
- Experience with online travel is a big plus
Why join now?
- We have just transitioned the product to a new platform, built a local team of 7 experienced product developers, and are looking to grow traffic from 2M monthly visitors to +10M within the coming year, through product improvements
- Completing our mission goes through rapidly evolving our product to become an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a niche as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make a dent in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 20 to 45 team members since the end of 2015, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company and product that's driven by data.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a start-up environment
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- Many chances to develop yourself including access to courses and conferences
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- Great new spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam
Tip: read some more of our blog posts before applying