Senior Product Designer (UX)
Findhotel is developing a hotel booking marketplace, the most comprehensive hotel search in the world, and we are looking for a senior product designer to help us evolve from modest beginnings towards a category leader.
What you tell your friends you do
"I designed the best hotel deal finder in the world"
What you will really be doing
- Analyze data, heatmaps and interview users to understand their expectation from the hotel metasearch of the future.
- Develop new design components that will improve our users ability to find the right accommodation for their needs.
- Test dozens of designs a year, most of which will miserably fail, but teach us valuable lessons.
- Work closely with the product owner, data analyst and the development team to choose priorities and product design paths
How will you be doing this
- You design to solve problems
- Demonstrable customer focus (obsession a plus)
- You work from research to hypothesis to solution design, and only then bring the paintbrush.
- You prefer to remove an item than to add one.
You are joining a highly motivated team that meets ambitious deadlines, where there is always a budget for good ideas.
Experience is your guru, your gut feeling isn't. If an idea aligns with the user's best interests and makes sense to build, we will test it.
Why join now?
- We have just transitioned the product to a new platform, built a local team of 8 experienced product developers, and are looking to grow traffic from 2.5M monthly visitors to 10M+within the coming year, through product improvements
- Completing our mission goes through rapidly evolving our product to become an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make a dent in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 20 to 45 team members in the past year, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
People we love
- Must: Experience working on complex consumer problems (travel and e-commerce, other dynamic data products)
- UX generalist with skills ranging across user research, prototyping, interaction and visual design
- Visible experience in designing clean, usable interfaces for conversion-driven websites.
- Experienced with both desktop & mobile design.
- Attention to details and emphatic to the user.
- A great teammate and an excellent communicator, fluent in both written and spoken English.
- A fast learner with a curious mindset.
A big plus
Experience working on large scale travel or e-commerce products
Experience working in an agile, cross-functional team.
Tip: read some of our blog posts before applying