Lead Marketing Analyst
FindHotel is looking for a passionate and experienced Lead Marketing Analyst to lead analytics across our Performance Marketing Squad. You will take a lead role in optimizing & scaling our marketing channels while also helping shape company user acquisition & growth strategy by supporting other teams with leadership and analytical expertise. This would be the perfect challenge if you are business oriented, have experience optimizing marketing channels and the skills to lead, facilitate and implement data-driven decisions.
What you will actually be doing
- Prioritize, plan and optimize marketing channels & campaigns using performance data
- Analyse data from across the company to find the most important growth opportunities & lead cross-functional projects to leverage them
- Coordinate work of our data analysts and marketers to get data-driven insights and opportunities
- Collaborate with scientists & engineers to implement automated decision making systems for our marketing channels
- Collaborate with other squads to leverage user behavior insights with marketing capabilities to drive company performance metrics
- Understand visitor behavior & marketing landscape to drive new marketing channels & growth initiatives
- Research external data sources and bring them into productive use
- Forecast marketing & company performance & financials
- Define key metrics, dashboards & data strategy for the organisation
What a day in the office might look like:
You start the day analyzing performance of all our marketing channels. You notice that performance of one of our channels has dropped and dive into the data to understand the reason for that. During the daily team stand-up you'll present your findings, suggest improvements to our pricing and raise problems or challenges you have flagged. Making sure that all necessary actions will be implemented you'll switch to follow up on a new test we just launched and make decisions on its success & further actions. After lunch, and some competitive table tennis, you'll research into potential new data sources and possible ways to use them for improving our decision making process. At the end of the day you will take a moment to think about overall user acquisition strategy and collaboration with other squads.
The team: You'll be working within our Performance marketing squad, which is made up of 2 analysts, 7 marketers as well as being supported by scientists and engineers
Tools & technology: Our data is hosted on a Redshift SQL database and we use Looker as our BI platform.
Why join now?
- We are looking to grow traffic from 2M monthly visitors to +10M within the year. Doing that in a market as mature and competitive as online accommodation means that we need to be truly innovative. If you have a great idea nobody will stop you from giving it a try!
- We are constantly launching new marketing channels which opens new opportunities and challenges in terms of data, engineering and automation
- We have completely re-built the internals of our product and set the foundations to transform FindHotel from a search product into a recommendation system. This transition will obviously be driven by data and will open up new and exciting marketing channels
- We are a profitable company that grew from 12 to 40 team members in the last two years, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that has just hit its fastest YOY growth ever
People we love:
- You have 5+ years of experience leveraging data and making data driven decisions
- You have experience and are able to take the lead on multi-disciplinary projects
- You have experience in leading teams and coaching junior members
- You are hands-on, tech savvy & comfortable working with large, multi-dimensional data sets (comfortable with BI Software & SQL)
- You have sound statistical knowledge and know how to apply it in practice
- You are pragmatic & don't fall into perfectionist traps
- You are motivated and driven to take responsibility and succeed in a start-up environment
Bonus points if:
- You have a couple of years of experience working across different marketing channels
- You are familiar with paid search marketing
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a fast growing start-up environment
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- Great spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam