Head of Performance Marketing
FindHotel is looking for a performance marketing leader to lead our efforts in the field. You will be in charge of helping millions of visitors a month find amazing hotel deals in 24 languages around the world.
To be successful at this role you need to look at performance marketing in general and SEM in particular from a higher level by understanding both the micro of search and the macro of managing search campaigns of hundreds of millions of keywords and the systematic approach and tools required to do that effectively. Other than being a real 'PPC Hero', you need to be a good leader that is capable of identifying and developing performance marketing talents and is able to lead our great team to grow and evolve.
Why this role is important to FindHotel
We started and grew the company to what it is today thanks to our effective performance marketing efforts, and PPC in its various forms is still a key customer acquisition capability for us. Our goal is to grow our paid search spend by a factor of 2-3X in 2019, and develop beyond core search marketing and into intent display and app store marketing during the year.
What you will be doing
- Lead a team of 5 marketers and analysts through rapid experimentation and scaling efforts.
- Hire, train, coach and lead by example making our performance marketing team a real gem.
- Be in charge of meeting our performance marketing goals, overseeing a budget of Millions of EUR per year
- Work across Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Remarketing, Intent Display, Travel specific PPC sources and other opportunities of performance channels we discover
- Work with our engineers and market tools to develop the tools that help our performance marketing run at scale
- Develop our relationships with external help (from account managers to external specialists)
- Drive effective collaboration between product and marketing (from features to tracking to strategy)
What a day in the office might look like
You start your day with a stand-up and help identify and remove any roadblocks your squad is facing. Before lunch you sit with Guru, our marketing analyst, to go over the results of an AB test the squad ran for a new search marketing campaign structure. Then you plan a session with Lee, our product owner, to discuss your findings and how to incorporate them to our campaign building software so that we can roll them out globally. After a healthy lunch, you investigate our Display Remarketing campaigns to enhance their scale & profitability. Then you take a well-deserved break to challenge your colleagues in Foosball, table tennis, or pool. Finally you contact your freelancer team to follow up with their work on improving our ad copy and translations.
You will be leading a small team of ambitious marketers and , leverage engineering resources through product owners and collaborate with the leadership team.
Why join now?
- We are a profitable company that grew from 12 to 40 team members in the last two years, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that has just hit its fastest YOY growth ever
- We are constantly launching new marketing channels which opens a lot of new opportunities and challenges
People we love
- Data guides every decision you make, from pricing to prioritization and experimentation
- Owns problems, strive to get big wins delivered and take initiative where possible
- Tech savvy and love learning new tools and technologies
- Curious, not afraid to experiment and willing to question the status quo
- Plenty of experience in Search Marketing. We will learn from you already during the recruitment process.
- Previous experience leading a team and a demonstrable passion to making others succeed
- High proficiency in Excel and comfortable using BI tools such as Tableau, Qlikview or Looker
- Previous experience in the online travel industry
- Experience with other channels such as metasearch and partners/affiliates
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a fast growing start-up environment
- Loads of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- A spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam
Tip: read some of our blog posts before applying