Head of People
Are you driven by unlocking Do you look at the challenge of growing from 40 people to 100 in under a year as exciting? Do you embrace and drive change to manage global talent?
If you answer yes! to all of the above, do read further.
Where are you coming
- FindHotel develops a platform for hotel bookings and helps our visitors book over 100k room nights every month, while saving these visitors Millions every year.
- We have grown profitably since inception, and today employ 40 people from all around the world (7 work remotely from abroad, the others in Amsterdam)
- Our culture emphasises transparency, growth, change, frugality, meaningful work and meaningful relationships, ownership and customer-centric thinking
- We have grown without a formal HR lead, meaning you'd be taking the responsibilities from our CEO while managing our recruiting team and working alongside our office manager
- We look to grow the company rapidly in the next years, while maintaining and evolving our current culture and keeping the same high level of people & execution → hence, we need a framework for responsible growth
What you'll be doing
- Manage our contracting & compensation model across full-time / remote / freelance.
- Lead our learning efforts → from conferences to language courses to leadership development to internal knowledge sharing
- Lead our benefits efforts → when should we offer pension contribution, when to offer food, when to offer gym subscription, how to support employees family members etc.
- Improving the feedback & performance review methods across the company → how people get rated, how contribution is recognized and compensated
- Champion our mission, vision & values inside & outside the organisation
- Help the leaders develop complimentary teams, getting the right people to the right roles at the right time
- Support our recruiters and hiring managers in developing an effective & objective recruiting process
- Oversee the bureaucratic aspects (contracting, salaries, tax applications, leaves of absence) → all should be mostly automated or outsourced under your design & ownership
- Above all else - you will be a sparring partner to the leadership team while helping us achieve our long-term potential
What a day in the office might look like
You start your day with a review of our recruiting efforts and help unlock some challenges the recruiting team faces in filling a tough position. You have two one-on-ones with team members, helping them identify growth opportunities, unlock a problem with a peer and solve a personal issue. Later you continue your employee branding efforts by helping us secure a speaker spot in a key engineering event and lead a workshop about learning opportunities the company sponsors, while reviewing answers from a 'meeting productivity' survey you ran inside the company.
You will be working with our recruiters Caroline and Ayslan, Angela, a sourcer, Dorrit, an office manager and the leadership team.
People we love
- Experienced HR lead who worked in forward-thinking organizations and has unique insights into how to improve a knowledge workforce productivity and satisfaction
- Local experience in the Dutch market where you have a strong network and in-depth understanding of hiring regulations (nice to have - other aspects are more important)
- Interest in people of all sorts → you care, listen and can find solutions to almost any new problem someone brings up
- Passionate about solving problems, and able to translate those solutions into requirements that your team can execute on
- An excellent communicator, fluent in English (we’re 100% international - no Dutch required) who can debate effectively but disagree and commit when needed
- A fast learner with a curious mind who is willing to experiment – we’re solving new problems all the time, you need to know how to make intuitive leaps and navigate your way to the right solutions
What we offer
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, and be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- We are on a mission to change the trillion dollar travel industry by focusing on benefiting the traveller.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value food, and offer warm meals (not just Dutch sandwiches).
Our recruitment process is designed to identify your experience, skills and cultural match with our company and the role. Therefore we aim to be open and truthful. We expect the same from candidates, as it will maximize the chance to identify if there is a good match and set the base for a meaningful relationship going forward. We appreciate that people come from different backgrounds and have different preferencesmpromise on is our culture.