As a Data Analyst at FindHotel you will be centrally placed in the company to support all teams with technical & large scale data analysis projects as well as building up the analytical foundations for new business ventures & strategies. We are looking for data experts with strong technical & statistical skills as well as a commercial mindset. It's a great opportunity for an ambitious & motivated analyst to transform their career in a , profitable & data-driven start-up.
What you'll tell your friends about your job
"I can predict which hotel you will book for your next holiday. And how much you will pay for it."
What you will actually be doing
- Analyse large data sets on inventory, pricing & partners to guide data science projects & company strategy
- Analyse complex online marketing & user behavior data using statistical methods to improve user acquisition & experience.
- Automate analytical processes that save your time to work on new projects
- Work with marketers, product owners & analysts from other squads to understand their goals & support them with data analytics
- Collaborate with data engineering to add new data sources to our databases
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, after the daily data squad stand-up, you analyse historical hotel price fluctuations to determine how often & how much hotel prices change over time. Based on your conclusions you recommend to our engineers how often they should be querying prices to keep them up to date and talk to the product team about using the same data to recommend to our visitors when the best price to book a hotel is. After our catered lunch and some
You'll be joining our Data Science & Engineering squad which is made up of data analysts, scientists, engineers, a BI engineer and a product owner. You will also collaborate with data analysts and scientists from other teams like Product & Growth squads.
Why join now?
- We are looking to grow traffic from 2M monthly visitors to +10M within the year. Doing that in a market as mature and competitive as online accommodation means that we need to be truly innovative. If you have a great idea nobody will stop you from giving it a try!
- We have just built a tool that allows us to scale our Search Marketing Campaigns to a completely new level. This means massive datasets and unique challenges in terms of data, engineering and automation.
- We have completely re-built the internals of our product and set the foundations to transform FindHotel from a search product into a recommendation system. This transition will obviously be driven by data and will open up new and exciting marketing channels.
- We are a profitable company that grew from team members in the past year, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
- We have formed a solid team of data analysts, scientists & engineers and we are looking to grow the team considerably in the near future. You will have the chance to grow with us.
People we love
- You have professional experience with data analysis that produces commercial results
- You are curious, not afraid to make mistakes and willing to question the status quo
- You are very good with SQL and working with large&complex data sets
(preferably in Python) to make your ideas become real
- You have worked with BI tools like Looker, Qlikview or Tableau
- You have sound statistical knowledge.
- You have a commercial mindset and are interested in online travel & marketing.
- You are pragmatic & don't fall into perfectionist traps.
- You are motivated and driven to take responsibility and succeed in a start-up environment.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a fast growing start-up environment
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- Many chances to develop yourself, including access to courses and conferences
- Great new spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam
Tip: read some more of our blog posts before applying